M, #3182, b. 6 May 1862, d. 22 November 1887
John McIntosh was born on 6 May 1862 at Parish of Seafield, Banffshire, Scotland.1 He was the son of James McIntosh and Margaret Smith. He married Ann Stewart at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 18 December 1885.2 He was the informant for John McIntosh's birth at 1 Longate, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 30 August 1886.2 John died on 22 November 1887 at sea, off Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 25. He perished with the Portknockie Zulu fishing boat 'Maggie King' that foundered 2½ miles off Portknockie harbour. The entire crew were lost. They were Alexander Wood "King" (skipper), Alexander Pirie "Buxer", William Pirie "John", James McIntosh and John McIntosh (owner). The body of John McIntosh was the only one recovered.3,4 The body of John McIntosh was recovered.5
- [S2578] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "John Mc Intosh, male. Birth: 06 MAY 1862 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: James Mc Intosh. Mother: Margaret Smith."
- [S4511] John McIntosh, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "John McIntosh, 1886, August Thirtieth 10h 30m P.M. at 1 Longate, Peterhead, Male. Father: John McIntosh, Fisherman (Domicil Portknockie). Mother: Ann McIntosh M.S. Stewart, married 1885, December 18 at Portknockie. Informant: John McIntosh, Father. Registered: 1886, September 6th at Peterhead, Alex Robertson, Registrar. 7th September Transcribed at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S2579] John McIntosh, Statutory Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "See Reg. of Cor. Ents., Vol. 1, p.41, December 21st 1887. John McIntosh, Fisherman (Married to Ann Stewart), died 1887 November Twenty-second, at 3h 30m P.M. About 2½ miles off Portknockie Harbour, Domicil Portknockie Seafield (Rathven), Male, 25 years. Father: James McIntosh, Sawyer and Fisherman, Mother: Margaret McIntosh M.S. Smith. Cause of death: Drowning By Boat Foundering. Informant: James McIntosh, Father. James McIntyre Registrar Witness. Registered: 1887, November 29th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S5700] John McIntosh, Newspaper death notice data - recovery of body, "NM105607, John McIntosh, c. 1857 to 22 NOV 1887. Occupation : Fisherman. Date of Birth : c. 1857. Date of Death : 22 NOV 1887. Place of Death : At sea near Portknockie. Newspaper item on recovery of body."